Sunday, November 23, 2014

Integrative Medicine--Live 11.22.2014




Their is a hunger for Spirit in the conventional healing arenas.

Patients want it.

Healthcare workers want it.

Here is a state-of-the-art discussion from the team at Doctors With Reiki in response to a Heme-Onc Pediatric nurse--who is also Reiki practitioner--to her questions about 'how to make this happen'.

A big point of controversy is compensation for Reiki that is given in a hospital setting. Traditionally, there are Reiki Master volunteers who pass every entrance requirement for volunteering in a hospital setting (including up to date immunizations) who go in teams and give traditional 'Hands On' Reiki to, most typically, cancer inpatients.

Studies have proven that Reiki improves 'relaxation' in those with cancer.

Most large cancer centers and university hospitals have 'Alternative Medicine' or 'Complimentary medicine' departments already.

Take for example, acupuncture. At first, it was something that people who wanted it had to pay out-of-pocket. Then some insurance started to cover it, much like chiropractors. Now Kaiser HAS acupuncture on staff, but the requirements for a patient to get it are very strict, and it is limited to only a select few patients overall. But it's THERE.

I forsee the same with Reiki.

In my heart, I wish for all health care providers to be Reiki trained, like ACLS.

But here is the nurses' question, our group response. I will afterwards share how we as a group helped another fibromyalgia patient. Although I am still waiting for her response, the first message of how Lisa Hibdon learned about metals and how to recover after years of poor energy, in just a matter of four days.Having a forum like this is valuable to everyone who is interested in healing.

Here is the first part:

Reiki Request from Donna Stelter RN, at the University of Wisconsin Children's Medical Center:

I am a Reiki Master and also a Pediatric Oncology Nurse working on a Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit. I have been a nurse for almost 20 years, my entire career on this Unit. Over the last four years I have tried to start a complementary therapy program for our patients and families and staff. I have some support, but not much. I have offered Reiki with support of my immediate manager and some of our doctors are aware. I have had beautiful responses. Decrease in heart rate, improved sleep, decreased anxiety and fear, improved white blood cell count and over labs important to the immune compromised patient. I am a bed side nurse with gifted healing abilities. Speaking to business people and foundations is not a gift I have developed... Do you have research data to support the miracles you see and experience with your patients. Parents are begging me to get something started and don't understand why the hospital does not see its importance. Any direction you could lead me would be most appreciated. I am soon to start speaking to people in my community about funding my work. My dream which is manifesting is to leave the bedside nursing and do healing full time. The need it so significant. I love bald kids and I am there warrior!!! Blessings for sharing your knowledge.

Reiki Doc--let's help Donna make things happen!!! xoxoxo

P.S. Does anyone have any experience with the billing codes for RN-Reiki in a medical setting? Does insurance pay?
1,522 people reached
LikeLike ·  · 






Here is the second part:

Reiki Request from Nelly Rose:

Hello, I'm asking for some help from you as nothing seems to help me anymore...I've had fever for months now and tried everything. I practice Reiki on myself every day and I take pills regularly. I suffer from fibromyalgia too. I could stand the pain but this fever is literally killing me. I am sooo tired and sick and exhausted all the time. Please help, any advice will help. Any. Lots of love and light to you all 
713 people reached
LikeLike ·  · 




Here is the last part--a commentary--on a pamphlet I got in the mail--the 2015 Integrative Healthcare Symposium--in February in New York City.

Pros:
  • blended assembly of healers--MD, DO, naturopaths, chiropractors, RN, nutritionists, acupuncturist, nurse practitioners, homeopaths, dieticians, health coaches, scientists, pharmacists, licensed herbalists.
  • Learning tracks--environmental health, nutritional science, brain-mind-mood, integrative nursing.
  • CME and CNE, and CE education credits to doctors, nurses, and DO's and chiropractors

Cons:
  • It's expensive. And doctors are charged MORE. What's integrative about that?
  • All children are BANNED--how is a single parent going to attend?
  • There is no mention of Energy Healing whatsoever.
  • The vibe is very, very, very 3D. So although the 'theme' is 5D, the actually way to 'share' it, is 3D.
So I'm not going to attend.

I'd rather go to a regular anesthesia conference in the snow that will be held at that time. And raise the vibration there, just by attending. It's the 'aura-to-aura' transmission of healing and awakening that matters to me most. 


There is no right way to go about anything. I only share what 'resonates' with me, and give my 'process', as an example so you may discover your own.








Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Reiki Doc