Monday, January 6, 2014

Dad's Favorite Story About Heaven and Hell



At Dinner tonight at our favorite Teppanyaki place, the thought occurred to me to share with you Dad's favorite story about Heaven and Hell.

Then on the drive home,  there was a song on the radio that was kind of, well, dark...there was a verse about 'embracing the devil' and I told my son I was going to turn it off.  My boy asked me if I knew the name of the song?

No, I didn't.

Well, mom, you might not really want to know it.

It's okay. Shoot.

It's called To Hell And Back.

Well, this picture kind of sums it all up completely--totally mixed messages in the music so I turned it off. (I hope this image doesn't offend you...sorry...)

This is about as far from Angelic as you can get...


On the next station they had 'Wake Me Up' by Avicii. 

Sounds more wholesome, doesn't it? A nice perky tune. It's mom-friendly, right?

Until you find out that Avici is the name of the lowest Hell in Buddhism. The singer just added another 'i' because 'it's cool'.

Avicii is not the enlightened one--it's the hands grasping in desperation below.

I just don't get it. Look at this image--who is the one you want to be, just by looking at it? Doesn't the devil lady seem to be more 'with it' and to have more 'energy' to her? I think that's sad.

The strongest energy will 'win' against the weaker one, whether the energy is Light or Dark.


So WHERE is Dad's story???




Here it is, just as he told it to us when we were growing up...

In Hell, there is a huge banquet table lined with guests. There is everything you could ever want to eat and drink, expensive delicacies and desserts that are unlimited and free.

Every guest has a long wooden spoon attached to their wrist. They cannot remove it.

The spoon is too long for them to reach their mouth. They keep trying and trying but somehow the food can't go in.

They are miserable. They are starving. 

This is Hell...

In Heaven, there is a huge banquet table lined with guests. There is everything you could ever want to eat and drink, expensive delicacies and desserts that are unlimited and free.

Every guest has a long wooden spoon attached to their wrist. They cannot remove it.

The spoon is too long for them to reach their mouth.

Everyone is laughing and having a good time, enjoying everything to their heart's delight.

This is Heaven because all of the guests are feeding each other.


I miss you Daddy...much love to you up there in Heaven.
Thank you for teaching me this wonderful story.


Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,

Reiki Doc