Friday, July 5, 2013

The Role Of Surrender In Raising Kundalini



I am reading with less interest than I thought I would have when I bought it, a book called ' Spiritual Nutrition' by Gabriel Cousens, M.D.

He writes about himself in the third person to show there is no ego. How strange is that?

Anyhow, I am only on the first chapter, and I feel I have to speak up. He has a lot of good points, but the 'follow my recipe to Enlightenment (Kundalini)' approach is bothersome, as well as his disclaimer that 'if you don't have LOVE of God in your heart none of this recipe will actually WORK'.

Here is the deal--he's half 'right'.

Yes, these Six Foundations for Spiritual Life ARE indeed correct, and are in NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

  • Nutrition--vegan, organic, live-food, high-mineralized, low-sugar, individualized, moderate food intake diet, well-hydrated with pure living water, and including Spiritual Fasting
  • Building Prana--Yoga asanas, yoga pranayama, ohpnim, t'ai chi, reiki, tachyon energy, other energy practices, sacred dance. 
  • Service and charity--this helps expand consciousness through direct experience
  • Spiritual guidance and inspiration--satsang--being in the presence of an awakened one brings a human 'touch' to spirituality
  • Silence--meditation, prayer, repetition of mantra, chanting. Silence is the doorway to the Heart of God.
  • Kundalini Awakening--initiation, with is the awakening of the Divine force that is resting in potential within us.

This is where I take out my hands and do a HUGE 'Time Out' signal to everyone!!

Time Out!
Hold it!
Do not pass GO, do not collect two hundred dollars!

Hello????

YOU are in the perfect place and perfect Time right this minute NOW for all your spiritual development!!!

Everything you need to awaken that KUNDALINI is right with you, right here, in perfect balance, in this moment NOW.

SO CHILL!!!

This all started for me by following that 'little voice' inside that 'wanted to know more about my psychic  gift' because I figured, 'God wouldn't have given it to me if He didn't want me to use it. He wouldn't waste it, so I might as well go to psychic development classes and learn.'

There I found Reiki. After that I went on a no-holds-barred mission to jack up my vibration like Totally as far as it could go!

Next, some time later,  I met Lady Isis. I wanted what she had, her energy. And she did the Goddess Initiation on me, opened my nadis and stuff and the Kundalini has flowed ever since.

I didn't read a book.

Books are amusing, and good to increase your knowledge. 

But Kundalini flows with the HEART CENTER. It must be open and ready to handle all of 'That Energy'! 

Allow, ask, and surrender yourself to the process. Your guides are ready to help you! 

Do 'What Feels Good' until your Kundalini kicks in.

There is no test at the end of the semester. There is no DEADLINE by which the Kundalini will 'go bad' or 'not work'.

There is all of ETERNITY for you to 'get this' and 'get this RIGHT'.

Here are my thoughts on the six pillars:
  • Nutrition--don't go crazy here! Just avoid eating crap that will numb your energy body out. Always cheat, just a little, because of the situation or your being human. Never rigid unless your health condition requires. Just do what feels right to you.
  • Building prana--the more the better. I do yoga, Reiki, and Tachyons. T'ai chi bores me to death. And my sacred dance is ballet, or just by myself to a song I like. Being in sunshine, the water, and with animals helps me lift my vibration too. I'm sure good sex is in this mix somewhere, but the author Dr. Cousens didn't mention it.
  • Service and Charity--this often ties in with your Purpose. Mine is working with the sick. You'll get lots of energy when you are 'on the right track'. Be careful about charity--some organizations are not reputable, so be sure to check them out.
  • Spiritual Guidance and inspiration--a lot of good stuff is out there on YouTube and the Internet. Seek 'like minded souls'. If it 'resonates' and 'you feel good', go for it!
  • Silence--I don't think Dr. Cousens 'gets it'. I can meditate in a bus station. I can meditate on a Roller Coaster. I can meditate in a Buddha Shack. What is going on in my ears, mind, and mouth are NOTHING to do with the Silence of God! After many years of practice, that 'heart connection' to guidance and SOURCE are Open! Nothing can shake it. And I 'tap in' when I want, when the need arises. It feels pleasant and I love to do it whenever possible. I don't know how to help you discover it, but that Silence of God is with you no matter what once you discover it. You can laugh and tell jokes and be in Silence too. It's that 'God connection'. Don't suffer needlessly and burden others with attaining 'silence'. Be cool about it, and you will find what works for you.
  • Kundalini Awakening--just go with it. It feels wonderful. I had a teacher open mine up. I felt 'called' to ask her. I was 'ready'. Trust. It will happen. When the time is right. And no one can take it away...
Be YOU. Be who you are!!! You are not only the student--you are someone's TEACHER just by holding your Vibration where it is meant to be.

I love you very much, and I don't want you to worry that you aren't following a 'recipe' to the way it was written on your 'enlightenment'. Real cooks don't measure anything. Seriously. They 'just know'.

So do your best, and you'll 'get it right'.

Aloha and Mahalo,
Namaste,

Reiki Doc