Sunday, November 4, 2012

Reiki Flying First Class



Flying First Class, toward Ascension, is possible for all of us who have a vibration and heart center open wide enough to make the jump. It does not have to be like in Coach, or a train, or boat in steerage. It can be the very best you can imagine. All that must be done, is stay wide open, erase your 'chalkboard' at the end of the day, and as you go to sleep at night, imagine what you would like your tomorrow to have in it.

To practice, I bought myself a ticket for First Class on my trip to Hawaii. Is it possible to be wide open and full of gratitude and fly first class? In a word, YES!

My morning one week ago brought me to LAX. I like to park at the Parking Spot because their shuttles are easy to find: they have big black spots all over their yellow shuttles.

First class lets you check in with a shorter line. That felt nice.

There is a Premier waiting room. It had some food in it, nothing fancy, and coffee. What I liked was a chair, a plug to charge my electronic devices, and a lady that reminds you to go and catch your plane. There is no restroom facility, or place to sleep. It is one floor above the gates. I liked it. There was Wifi for free there too.

The chairs are not as comfy as you might think in first class. The seats are wider, and the table folds out of the arm, not the seat back. But when the guy in front of you leans back, it is miserable. And the foot rest thing did not give me any more comfort than without it in coach. Although they look comfy in first class, they aren't all that more comfortable than you are in coach. My hip hurt. The whole flight. Really bad. It usually doesn't hurt when I sit.

The food was amazing. I really enjoyed it. There was not much, but it was creative and filling. With real flatware and china. Even a little tablecloth. There was unlimited alcohol, which was not cool for some people who drank a lot but didn't get drunk. I like wine with dinner. I had a glass, and also an aperitif with dessert. Incidentally, the flight attendants are really nice, much nicer than in coach. I felt pampered, not like another mouth to feed.

Come to think of it, boarding and disembarking from the plane was nicer too. It was less crazy, and less of a fight for cubby overhead bin space.

Once you get to rental car and hotel, though, that first class 'buzz' wears off pretty quick.

On my flight home, the inter island plane first class was small. On the way there, full of screaming kid.(there is no safe place is there?) on the way to Honolulu, I got to watch the flight attendants. They write notes! What flight number is, what gate...they tack it up on the wall. Mine got her sweater out, and her bag of stuff between rapidly serving us beverages. (The Premier Club in Kona is not nice at all. Two people in it were scary. And everyone drives me nuts with the crinkly snack bag of airplane stuff and chewing loud).

As I sat in seat 1A, I saw everyone climb up the ramp. I smiled at them. With aloha. I smiled at the attendants. The lady next to me, Japanese, read a novel, never making eye contact with anyone.she spoke English briefly just fine with me. But she flies first class a lot. And the couple across the way? He must have been a basketball player. He would not fit in coach. And when he pushed his seat back all the way, the guy behind him grimaced. (Tip--if flight is less than four hours, keep seat up. If longer, check behind you first before putting seat back. And don't go all the way.)

Now here at Gate 28, there is no Premier Club Lounge! I was on the floor by a plug. A worker I asked and shared, 'I am flying first class I really wasn't expecting to sit on the floor to be by a plug' kindly showed me a seat by a plug. This is a red eye. I won't get a meal, either. Just a snack. And hopefully, sleep.

It is good together out of our comfort zones every now and then. I have flown Coach all my life. My Reiki Master son has been harping on us going First Class since day one. I found out that he is right. If I can, I would enjoy flying that way in the future. I will have to save our money to afford it, but I think it will be worthwhile for us to travel. He is going to pass me up in height by age nine, and tall people do not fit that well in coach except in bulkhead and emergency window exit rows.

So, here is a 'recipe for success' in 'imagining you are flying first class on the way to Ascension':
1) Say, 'I am God's kid!' and believe that the Universe wants the best for you. Joy is the norm!
2) Really believe it.
3) Accept what is happening 'now' as 'something you asked for and is for the best' because even if it might not look that way at first, that is what it truly is.
4) Be Here Now. Be present. Feel your feelings, Come up with a plan. Solve problems. Face Challenges. Enjoy Life.
5) Remember to Give Thanks and to Celebrate successes every day!

Namaste,

Reiki Doc