Wednesday, December 7, 2011

On What is Right


We have an inner guidance system. It is our hearts. Although the mind is pliable and trained by society with school and culture and advertisements and peer pressure, the heart is pure. And in its own integrity, guides us to what is right. 

Right action is what is best for us, to keep us on our path. And, similarly, the heart is a warning system for when things are not right, and there is need for  us to protect ourselves or get away.

Here are some examples of my heart talking to me in the last two days:

The RN who asked for a bolus when the patient was ready to push so she could eat her dinner from the restaurant the nurses had take out orders. I knew what was up. I did as she asked. I didn't say anything. But I felt it and I knew. Later, she tried to make it up to me, by saying nice things about the patient, etc.
(I could have slept if it were not for this bolus).

The MD who asked for my support in a political situation at my work. I have never seen someone blink so much while he was talking. Blinking is the body language for lies. As is touching the mouth or the nose. I stayed  neutral and did not commit either way.

At dinner last night, the server was timely and accurate. The meal went off so much better for me and my son. The server's pleasant attitude and helpfulness were much appreciated.

This morning, I made my bed and tied the curtains. No one really knows whether you made your bed or not. Except you. It is right to have order and tidiness as time permits. Keep trying.

We reinforce these 'heart driven' actions with the five Reiki principles each day.

Just for today, I will live with gratitude.

Just for today, I will not worry.

Just for today, I will not anger.

Just for today, I will do my work honestly.

Just for today, I will have respect for every living thing





So keep talking and keep listening to your heart. It will do you good.

Namaste,

Reiki Doc